October 26 – 27, 2017
The Global Labour Research Centre is pleased to announce its upcoming third annual International Graduate Student Symposium, to be held at York University on October 26-27, 2017. The Symposium will showcase research by emerging scholars on a wide range of issues related to the study of work and labour in a global context, and offers an interdisciplinary forum for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows to share their research in a collaborative and supportive environment.
The GLRC invites is currently inviting proposals for presentations on a wide range of issues and areas of research, including (but not limited to):
- Work, employment, and labour rights
- Migration, citizenship, and work
- Inequality, work, and labour market
- Gender relations at work and in labour movements
- Revitalization of workers’ movements
- Work and popular culture
- Labour, colonialism, and decolonization
- Work, labour movements, and the environment
Deadline for Submissions: July 21, 2017
- Title and a 150-word abstract of the proposed presentation; and
- A short biography, including list of degrees, current position and research interests
Please send your proposal and supporting information to email@example.com. Submitters will be notified on the status of their proposal by August 14, 2017.
Symposium Organizing Committee | Rawan Abdelbaki • Matthew Corbeil • Lacey Croft • Jolin Joseph • Adam King • Dr. Mark Thomas